I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I love Saturday and Sundays. They are such a special time in my week to take some personal time and do what I love to do that wasn’t fitted into the week. Today, I’d like to share 10 items with you that you need for the perfect lounge weekend.
- A pair of leggings. Now, I’m not a believer in wearing leggings in public, but I’m all for them at home! I really love these comfy leggings from Aerie to lounge around in on the weekend.
- A comfy tee. I love a super soft tee for all occasions, but especially for lounging on the weekend. One of my favorites is the white Soft & Sexy Jegging T-Shirt from American Eagle.
- A bralette. At first, I wasn’t completely sold on the bralette trend, but once I tried one on, I finally realized why they were so popular! Whenever I’m at home, I’m usually wearing one at all times. I’ve been eyeing this one – it looks so comfortable!
- A book. I’ve been reading this book recently and have found that it is so inspiring and motivating. I really love to ready a book either all snuggled up in blankets on the couch or in my bed during the winter and outside by the pool in a lounge chair or under an umbrella in the summer.
- A Face Mask. I haven’t tried too many face masks, but I think a lounge weekend is the perfect time to try one! At the very least, you’ll have thirty minutes of relaxation! I really want to try this one, but I think my wallet is only comfortable with sheet masks for now.
- A face mist. As you probably know, I love this face mist. Face mists are great for the weekends when you need a little refresh throughout the day.
- A fake tanner. Because I have such fair skin, I have to be so careful about sun exposure and protecting my skin. To my dismay, since I was a child, I’ve had to coat on sunscreen every summer, which has never really allowed me to even get a little bit darker. My solution? Fake tan. I’ve always been super scared of trying fake tan, but I got into it a little bit last year and I’ve finally found one that I like. The weekends are the perfect time for me to apply fake tan.
- A Light Base. Most of the time, my weekends consist of going grocery shopping and last-minute errand running, so I like to wear a little bit of makeup out. As usual, I apply Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. This foundation is perfect for the weekend (and the entire week!) because it’s so versatile – you can wear a light base or build it up to a more high coverage look – whatever you’re into!
- A pair of eyelash curlers. I don’t go anywhere without curling my eyelashes first. Even if I’m just staying home and not going out at all, I curl my lashes. These are the ones I’ve used for a few years now and love.
- Mascara. Even if I’m staying in, I really like to have at least a little mascara on- it makes me feel more alive (ha!). Paired with the perfect pair of eyelash curlers, you can’t go wrong with this mascara for a lounge weekend at home.
What items do you need for the perfect lounge weekend? Do you have any suggestions to add to my list?