In my last post, I spoke a little bit about my week last week. My family and our family friends met up at the beach to celebrate Thanksgiving. I always have trouble leaving my family behind in Alabama and on the way home, I was thinking about how much fun I had and how thankful I am that I had that time with them. Today I thought I’d share 10 small things I’m thankful for:
01. Family – this is an obvious choice, but my family is everything to me. We’re super close and even at 24, I’m still so attached to them! I was able to spend a lot of time with just my mom and my sister this past week, which was so nice because my sister is in college 9 hours away from us. I’m so thankful for the time we had together celebrating Thanksgiving.
02. Our apartment – there’s something about coming back “home” after a trip away. Though I don’t consider Indianapolis home, I do consider our little apartment a place where I’m comfortable and our little home. We’re slowly making it a little place of our own and somewhere that reflects us as a couple. I’m thankful that we have a place of our own.03. Friends – our group of friends that meet down at the beach for Thanksgiving are the group of friends my parents have had since they were in their mid-20s! Even though we’re all spread out now among different states, we’re connected by the fact that our parents have been friends for so long and we grew up together in church and school. I’m thankful for friends that are here to stay and those that I’ve had along the way who I’ve reconnected with recently.
04. My health – the past year has had a few bumps in the road including health-related things. I’ve been working closely with my doctor for the past year to figure out what exactly I’m experiencing and trying to fix it naturally. It’s been hard mentally to overcome fears and anxieties, but I’ve come so far in the last year. I try to remember that I can handle this, otherwise, I wouldn’t have been given it to deal with. I’m thankful for my health and my doctor who has helped me so much in the past year.
05. Business – over the past year, I’ve really honed in on what I love to do and what I’m good at. I started Stella & Tide over the summer and have loved working on it here and there – it’s kind of on the back burner right now, but we’ll see what happens. I’ve begun to handmake jewelry for the shop, which I’ve really enjoyed – it’s been something I can do that’s stress-free and enjoyable. I’ve also started my Virtual Assistant business (that I need to make a website for!) this summer and have two clients right now! I never thought this would be something I’d like to do, but I’ve learned so many skills in my five years of blogging and owning an E-commerce shop, that I wanted to share with others. I’m also now a Maskcara Beauty artist! This fell into my lap randomly and I love the products so much. It’s so cool to get paid for something you love and use every single day. If you’re interested in joining my team or want to know more about the makeup and skincare (that has changed my life and my skin!), check out my Facebook here. I’m thankful for all the business opportunities I’ve created for myself this year.
06. Blogging – as you’ve noticed, I’m back into blogging! I started blogging because I wanted a journal to remember my college years, but when I began to make it about monetizing, I lost all inspiration or desire to carry on. Now that I post about what I want and when I want, I’ve fallen back in love with it! I’m thankful for my blog where I share what inspires me.
07. The beach – there’s no place like the beach! Having grown up at the beach, every time I’m there, it reminds me of my childhood. My family used to get together with our family friends and we’d all trek out to the beach together. I have so many memories of being with my best friend and getting chased by seagulls and sitting in donut tubes in the water together. The beach has always held a special place in my heart and I’m crossing my fingers we’ll be moving to one in a few years! I’m thankful for the sound of the waves coming to shore and white sand to sink my toes into.
08. You – I’m incredibly thankful for all of you who read my blog and have for years! Thank you so much for supporting me by reading along and encouraging me. I love receiving messages from you and connecting with you! Though I do write because I love it, I do have you all in mind and what you’d like to read. I hope I’m doing you justice!
09. My faith – the world is in shambles, as we all know, and though times are tough, at the end of the day, I have my faith. Faith is a huge part of my life that I’ve been opening up about a little bit more online. I’ve always been hesitant to share because I never wanted to push my thoughts onto someone else, but when I shared about it on Instagram about a week and a half ago, I had so many responses – I was shocked! I’m thankful for my faith that connects me to so many people around the world.
10. Gary – I hardly mention Gary on my blog, but he is my number one motivator for everything I do. When I’m too scared to try something and get out of my comfort zone, he’s the one who is encouraging me to try it. He works so hard and inspires me to work harder in everything that I do. He’s so kind to everyone and has a servant’s heart. He will do absolutely anything for anyone without hesitation! He supports me in all that I do and I’m so thankful for him.
What are you thankful for? Share one thing with me below!