Taking time to recharge is something I try to do as often as I can. I’m the kind of person that gets burnt out with activities if I don’t have consistent breaks, so I like doing a few different things to help me recharge from a busy week. Here are ten ways to recharge this weekend.
01. Listen to a podcast. It seems as though everyone is talking about podcasts these days and I’ve totally been sucked in too! Gary and I have been listening to Up and Vanished and love it. If you’re into crime shows or books, you’ll love this podcast!
02. Try a new face mask. Trying out a face mask is so much fun for me. I love sitting back, watching a tv show or reading a book with a face mask on. It’s a great way to pamper yourself and help you take some time to relax. I recently tried out this one and love it!
03. Rearrange your space. One of my favorite things to do is rearrange our apartment (though we have very little space to do so!). Whenever I feel like our apartment is getting a little stuffy, I think about how we can arrange it to make it flow better. Rearranging makes me feel so much more refreshed!
04. Diffuse essential oils. I’ve new to essential oils and definitely plan on buying a diffuser (I have my eye on this one), but have heard about so many great benefits to using a diffuser. I think it’s a great start to recharging.
05. Read a new book. I love a good book and occasionally set aside the time to just sit and read. When I do, I find that it helps me relax and just enjoy some quiet time.
06. Create a mood board. On my list of things to do, creating a mood board is a fun way to get some creative energy out. Sit on the floor with a pile of magazines and cut out what speaks to you or describes your brand. Creating a mood board is the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
07. Have a social media detox. Taking a break from social media is something I like to do often. I pick a day on the weekend where I stay off of social media completely. I can’t tell you how good it feels to take a mini social break and just enjoy the weekend without constant ingestion of information!
08. Have a game night. One of my favorite activities to do is have a game night with family and friends. Some of my best memories have been made while playing cards. My family has always made a goal of having family game nights and they are so fun!
09. Clean out your closet. I find that cleaning my closet is extremely therapeutic! I love going through my clothes and making note of what needs to replaced, thrown away, or donated. It’s so refreshing to narrow down my wardrobe to the core items I wear on repeat.
10. Explore your city. Gary and I love going out and exploring Indy on the weekends. During the warmer months, we made it a priority to get out for a few hours and see something new. Whether it was a state park or a new restaurant, it made us love our city even more.