To be completely honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day and Gary and I don’t really celebrate it, but this year, I think we may make an exception! However, we’re not planning on spending that much because we are saving up for our upcoming trips. If you’re like us and are keeping your budget in mind, here are some low-key, cheap Valentine’s Day ideas:
01. Bake a heart shaped cookie cake – I’m definitely making one of these for Gary. We are obsessed with cookie cake! Plus, it’s super easy to make!
02. Create a print with a love quote – if you’re signed up for my newsletter, you received a few Valentine’s Day-themed prints this past weekend! If you don’t know how to create one yourself, here are some free ones you can use.
03. Make dinner together and eat on the floor with candles and blankets – it’s a bonus if there are heart-shaped foods! If you don’t want to make a meal, order in your favorite takeout (ours is sushi and edamame!).
04. Set up a Valentine’s themed waffle bar – this is a super easy idea! All you need is waffles, syrup, fruits, toppings, eggs, bacon, and drinks. Don’t forget the coffee!
05. Create a bag for your significant other filled with a few things they love. I think this is such a cute idea! You could include a handful of small items like their favorite gum, candy, an xbox game, and a few polaroid pictures of you two.
I’d like to know – what do you do for Valentine’s Day?
Happy (almost) V-Day!