I’ve had a few bad days recently and I’ve just felt uninspired and not feeling very good about myself. When I have those days, I tend to find activities that make me feel better. Here’s a list of activities I’ve found that help me turn my day around.
01. Color. One of my favorite things to do recently when I just need a break away from my computer and phone is to color. It brings me back to when I was in art class at school and I’d get lost in my thoughts for a few moments. Find an adult coloring book and some colored pencils and take some time to yourself without any distractions.
02. Do your makeup. Because I work from home, I have the opportunity to look like a complete slob every day. Yes, sometimes I take advantage of this (5 out of 7 days a week), but other times, the feeling of not looking put-together makes me feel bad about myself. On those days, I like doing a super simple makeup look and end up feeling five times better.
03. Play your favorite playlist. Whenever I start feeling a little down on myself, I instantly feel so much better when I play some of my favorite songs. If you’re having a bad day, put on your favorite playlist and take a few minutes to jam out.
04. Go to the gym. I never feel motivated to go to the gym, but the days when I decide to get some exercise always leave me with an incredible sense of accomplishment. Going to the gym even for half an hour can make a difference in your attitude and turn your day around.
05. Pamper yourself. This may sound completely vain, but when I’m having a bad day, I find that it really helps me feel better about myself if I put some self-tanner on and get some color back into my skin. I also really like taking a longer time doing my skincare routine. I find that an exfoliator and an oil really feel luxurious and make my day brighter.
What do you do when you’re having a bad day?
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer for more information.