Fall is my favorite time of year, there’s no doubt about it. I love the cool, crisp air, the smell of a thanksgiving meal cooking in the kitchen, comfy sweaters, and my birthday. However, there’s much more I look forward to each Fall. Read along for more!
01. Having the windows open. I have a particular distinct memory from my childhood in Florida. My mom had all the windows in the house open with a fall candle burning. I think about this memory often and can almost transport myself back in time to this moment. Every year, I look forward to having all my windows open and smelling a fall candle burning with the wind blowing through the house. I recently bought this candle and it smells SO good.
02. Picking out and carving pumpkins. I’m not sure how many years ago we started this tradition, but Gary, my sister, her friend Nicole, and I each pick out a pumpkin and gather around the kitchen table and carve our pumpkins. We snack and listen to music. It’s so much fun and I looked forward to it every year. I think this year I’m going to try and write calligraphy on my pumpkin. I love how it looks!
03. Switching out summer products for fall products. Fall is the best time for me to clean out my skincare and makeup collection. I like going through my stash and clearing out the products I don’t need for the upcoming cold weather and add products that will benefit my skin during the new season. I’m dying to try this pumpkin mask and this Charlotte Tilbury moisturizer, but they’re quite pricey!
04. Making soups. Soups are one of my favorite meals. I personally like them all year-round, but the summer months are way too warm to eat them. I’m really looking forward to putting my crockpot to even more use and making some yummy soups this Fall.
05. Spending more time reading. The darker days have their cons, but I think it’s the perfect time for sitting by the window with a nice candle burning and reading a book. I’m looking forward to reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and the Hogwarts short stories.
What are you looking forward to this Fall?