Fall is such a great season. With the cooler weather, I feel as though I can finally breathe again after a muggy and hot summer. With the fall season upon us, I find that it is a great time to rejuvenate myself in many different aspects. One way I love to reinvigorate myself is to incorporate a more health-conscious mindset as the holidays are quickly approaching. Today I’m sharing 5 ways I’m trying to be healthier this fall.
01. Spend more time riding my bike. With such nice weather out, it’s the perfect excuse to get out and about. We have a great biking trail near our apartment, so I’m going to make it a priority to ride on the weekends.
02. Cut back on sugar. With Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas rapidly approaching, I think it’s the perfect time to do a sugar detox. I’m getting rid of all our sweets and replacing them with fruit and veggies.
03. Cook more mindfully. I usually cook with a lot of vegetables, but I really want to focus more on ingredients and cooking healthier meals. I find it really hard to eat super healthy as I really love my food to taste good, so I’m looking into finding a meal plan with good tasting food that’s also good for me.
04. Practice yoga. I’ve been getting a stiff neck too often for my liking lately, so I’m thinking about getting into yoga. I’ve tried it a few times before, but never found one that I truly loved. I know that the girls over at TIU have some good yoga videos so I think I’ll give those a try.
05. Eat breakfast. I thoroughly dislike eating breakfast when I first get up in the morning. I usually end up skipping it altogether, so I’d really like to focus on creating healthy breakfasts for the both of us. Let me know of some good breakfast ideas!
How are you trying to incorporate healthy decisions into your lifestyle this fall?