(I can’t find any regular photos of me, so a wedding photo will have to do!) Photo by Cathrine Taylor
Today, I thought it would be fun to share a little bit more about me than I usually share in regular posts. I think it’s so fun to read more about the person behind the blog and since my face is not the primary focal point of this blog, I wanted to open up a little more and share a few facts.
- When I was a kid, I used to write stories and draw pictures to go with them. My dream was to write books and illustrate them myself!
- Growing up, I never imagined my wedding. Naturally, when our engagement came around, I went to Pinterest for help because I had no idea what I wanted.
- When I was young, probably around 7-9, I wanted to play in the WNBA. Can you imagine??
- Every single day I want to be at the beach. I’m serious. Not a day goes by where I don’t say I want to be at the beach. Maybe one day we will live closer to the beach (fingers crossed).
- My mind is constantly going. Sometimes I have trouble making sentences and getting words out because I have so many thoughts at once and can’t decide which one to let out first. “My mind has too many tabs open” describes me perfectly.
- I used to skateboard up and down are fairly steep driveway when my family moved to Alabama. The thought of this freaks me out now.
- I have a huge love for planning trips. If I’m ever at home and have a spare hour or two, I will sit on the couch and plan an entire trip from flights to accommodations. I have no idea where this hobby came from (maybe while planning our honeymoon), but it’s something I truly enjoy.
- I’ve never wanted a big house because when I was a kid, I had a friend who had a huge house and at her birthday party, I got lost. I literally couldn’t find my way around the house! Ever since that experience, I’ve always wanted a smaller home. Think: a grey cottage-style house with a little fence in the front and a seafoam-colored door.
- I love change. It’s so much fun for me to cut off all my hair randomly or move to a new place. This love for change has definitely been something I’ve grown into.
- I love giving and receiving cards. Whether it’s an anniversary card or congratulations, I think there’s something really special about sending and receiving beautiful cards (especially Rifle Paper Co.).
- You can find me in jeans, black shoes, and a plain black, white, grey, or striped shirt 99% of the time. I’m probably the most casual person ever.
- One of my biggest dreams is to have a mobile tiny home that Gary and I can hitch to the back of the car and live all over the country.
- I’m an ISFJ and this personality type mostly summarizes my personality to a T it’s scary. Take the test here to find out what personality type you are!
- I love documentaries and action movies more than any other kind of movie (unless it’s Harry Potter, of course).
- I’m really particular about what clothes I sleep in at night. It goes something like this: oversized t-shirt or crop top with leggings (that are tight at the ankles) with no socks or an oversized t-shirt or crop top with shorts and socks. Otherwise, I can’t sleep.
- I love cookies more than any other dessert.
What’s your personality type (is anyone else a fellow ISFJ?)? Tell me one fact about you!