The cold weather always brings a new set of skin problems for me, mostly dry, lackluster skin. However, I’ve finally found a few must-haves to combat the dehydration caused by the change in season. Read on to see my beauty must-haves for cold weather!
01. Ultra-hydrating moisturizer. A few months ago, I was in the market for a new moisturizer because I felt like the one I was using was drying my skin out, so while browsing the skincare section in Target, I stumbled upon the Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream for extra-dry skin and I’m so glad I did! This moisturizer instantly hydrates my skin and keep it smooth all day. It’s the perfect moisturizer for under makeup because it sinks into the skin quickly, but leaves your face moisturized throughout the day.
02. Oil. I always mention oils when I talk about skincare, but that’s because they’re great for hydrating the skin. When my skin is feeling overwhelmingly dry, I like to slather on an oil. The best part about oils is that they work overnight while you’re sleeping and in the morning, you wake up with a glow! The two oils that I always have on hand are the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil and the Tarte Maracuja Oil.
03. Glowy foundation. In the winter months, I think we’re all plagued by dry skin. That’s why it’s essential to have a foundation that isn’t mattifying (unless you’re super oily!) and gives a natural glow. I know that having dry skin can sometimes make it hard to find the right foundation, but they’re out there, I promise! I’ve tried many different kinds of foundations and have narrowed it down to two that I love – Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and my newest find, Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid.
04. Face masks. I don’t use face masks enough, but I think they’re necessary during the colder months to reenergize the skin. I recently tried a sample size of the Fresh Beauty Rose Face Mask and loved it. The mask didn’t leave my face super dry but left it feeling hydrated, so I highly recommend it! (This face mask is quite pricey, but if you want to try it, I’m pretty sure Sephora has it in a mini size)
05. Non-stripping cleanser. Cleansers are one of the most crucial steps in my skincare routine and one that I’ve recently changed. I found that the cleanser I was using was breaking me out, so I tried a sample size of the Fresh Beauty Soy Face Cleanser and fell in love with it. I purchased a full size this weekend after using it for a few weeks and have seen a huge difference in my skin already. Cleansers are what cleanse the skin of all the impurities, but it’s important to find one that doesn’t completely strip the skin.
What beauty must-have do you suggest for visiting cold destinations?
*Please help me improve my content for 2017 by filling out my end-of-year reader survey!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclaimer for more information.