After having our first snow, it got me looking forward to the snow days we’ll receive in the future. I’ve been loving the winter season we’re having, so I thought why not share some cozy activities to do on snowy weekends. Here they are:
01. Make hot chocolate. Making hot chocolate is one of my favorite activities when the weather is cold outside. Gary and I love getting our own mugs with marshmallows and sitting down on the couch with a movie. I’ll be sharing our favorite hot chocolate recipe on Friday, so be on the lookout for that!
02. Color. I’ve spoken about my love for coloring before, but I must say, it’s one of my favorite activities. When the weather is cold or it’s snowing out, I love to sit by the windows and color a page of an adult coloring book.
03. Practice calligraphy. I took a calligraphy class back in October and have fallen in love with calligraphy even more recently. I’ve always hung up quotes or prints around my room growing up, so now that I know calligraphy, I can create my own. If you’d like a free, downloadable calligraphy print, make sure you’re signed up to my newsletter where I’ll be sending a few out in the coming weeks!
04. Bundle up with a movie. Sitting under a warm blanket and watching a movie with the Christmas tree lights shining is one of my favorite activities to do. I remember growing up I would sit by the Christmas tree and read books. It’s even more magical when it’s snowing out!
05. Read. I love to read and have found my love for it again since I’ve graduated from college. I try to read a few chapters of a book each day. If you enjoy thrillers like me, here are a few suggestions that I’ve read in the last few months: Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes, The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena, and The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware.
06. Journal. One of my goals this year was to journal and I completely failed at it. So, in 2017 I’m going to try journaling a little bit every day. I love journaling because it allows me to spend a few moments reflecting and gives me something to look back on in the future. Here are some really good prompts for journaling.
07. Have a game night. Gary really loves playing board games and I love card games, so every once in a while, we like to set some time aside to play our favorite games. This is a fun activity to do with your family too. Plus, you can kick electronics to the curb for a little while.
08. Build a snowman. Gary and I have yet to build a snowman this year, but I can’t wait to when we receive our next snow! Building a snowman is so much fun because you can take turns adding something to your new creation.
09. Take a walk around the neighborhood. After you make something hot to drink and bundle up, taking a walk around the neighborhood could be a fun way to see all of the snow. I love seeing houses with snow covering them – it’s so beautiful!
10. Bake cookies. Baking has always been such a fun activity for me, especially around the holidays. When it’s snowing out, you can bake cookies and take them to a neighbor or indulge in them yourself!
What activities do you like to do when it’s snowing?