Achieving glowy skin is something that I try to do all year round, but especially in the summer. With the upcoming season means I’ll be spending more time outside barbecuing, hanging with friends, bonfires, and enjoying all the summer activities. With the increase of outdoor activities, the last thing my skin needs to look is cakey. Here’s how to get glowy skin for the summer!
01. Exfoliate! My number one tip to getting glowy skin is to exfoliate. I know, I know, I talk about exfoliating what seems like all the time but removing that dead skin is so important! Once that bad layer is removed, the skin is ready to soak up all the hydration it can. Plus, it’s ultra soft and smooth, which makes a great foundation for makeup. I use this twice a week and find that it helps relieve that layer of skin and makes my skin so much more smooth.
02. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! After exfoliating, it’s super important to give the skin some hydration. I make sure to moisturize twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. If you choose the right moisturizer, it can really make a difference in the glowiness of your skin! If you haven’t yet, try an oil – they’re perfect for getting that much more hydration into the skin. I like this oil, this moisturizer, and this oil.
03. Apply eye cream! When I started using eye cream (this one to be exact) six months ago, I honestly didn’t think it would do too much for me. Let’s just say I’m glad that I was wrong! Using eye cream has brightened up the area around my eyes – long gone are the days that I had extremely dark circles around my eyes! When the eyes are bright, it will give a glowy effect to the whole face.
04. Hydrate! I know that you know to hydrate your inside by drinking water, so I’m not going into that. However, you can hydrate your skin on the outside by using face mists! I know I’ve mentioned face mists several times, but they truly make a difference. You can use them before applying your foundation as a primer or after you’ve finished your makeup to give that last minute glow before walking out the door. My favorite mists are this one and this one.
05. Apply a lightweight foundation! I’m all for lightweight foundations especially when my skin is clear. I think that when the skin is taken care of with moisturizer and such, you don’t have to apply much foundation. I recommend using a damp beauty blender and begin applying your foundation in a light layer. This will allow your radiant skin to shine through while keeping your skin glowy! If you’re looking for a lightweight foundation, I love this Nars foundation and this L’oreal foundation.
06. Ditch the powder! Instead of powdering up for the warmer weather, apply just a little bit or ditch the powder altogether! Your skin will look so much more radiant if you keep the powder to a minimum.
07. Highlight, highlight, highlight! Don’t forget to add a bit of glow with some highlighter. Be sure to apply above your cheekbones, down your nose, and on your cupid’s bow for a natural glow! I’m obsessed with this highlight palette right now.
Shop my favorite products here:
How do you get glowy skin for summer?