*may contain affiliate links
Two weeks ago, I had an appointment at Suite Escape (I’ve written a full review of the salon here), which is my all time favorite Indy-local salon (trust me, I’ve been around the block a few times when it comes to hair salons and this is the best one I’ve ever been to), and my hairdresser, Mollie used this Davines Dry Texturizer on my hair. This is the second time she’s used it and honestly, I’ve yet to find anything like it and happily walked out of the salon with one for myself! Read below to find out why this is the only hair product you need this summer.
As most of you know, my favorite hairstyle is tousled, natural waves. I hardly ever do anything else to my hair purely because it’s just far too easy to do and it looks like you tried really hard (but you didn’t). I think that a lot of girls go for this look especially in the summer because it’s too hot to spend a lot of time on your hair and if you’re near the beach, the salty waves fit right in and require no styling at all. You all know that I’m a huge fan of dry shampoo and have been using it for years to combat that third-day oily hair and to get texture in my hair. However, I’m ditching it. Why? Because Davines’ Dry Texturizer is so much better.
What I love about the Dry Texturizer:
01. It has a matte finish – gone are the days of being able to see the nasty, white streaks in brown hair because of dry shampoo. This dry texturizer leaves no trace!
02. It’s paraben free – one reason why I love Davines is because they don’t use any of the terrible chemicals most brands use. Plus, all of their packaging is created from recycled materials. It’s a win-win, am I right?
03. It’s not heavy – most dry shampoos and texture sprays weigh down even the thickest of hair. With Davines’ dry texturizer, my hair hasn’t been weighed down whatsoever and instead has added volume to my hair.
04. It’s volumizing – like I mentioned above, this texturizer gives my hair that extra boost of lightweight volume.
05. It adds the good kind of texture – because I constantly have waves in my hair, I love a good bit of texture to keep my hair in waves all day. With dry shampoo, it can turn into a little bit of a mess, but with this dry texturizer adds a texture in a natural way and does so with medium hold.
06. It smells so good – there’s not much to say other than this spray smells like a great hair day in a bottle.
How to use:
Shake well and spray on dry hair from about 10 inches away. You can also spray on the roots, lifting and then gently releasing the hair. The result: the best-looking hair around.
What product have you been using this summer?
If you’re interested in seeing how I currently style my hair, leave me a comment down below! If not, check out this post from when my hair was longer: How to Get a Silky, Textured Lob.