As summer is quickly approaching and vacations are on the horizon, you may be stressing about how to keep your blog active while traveling. I’m going to let you in on a little secret: on our recent trip to Iceland, I didn’t have to do any work for my blog! If you’re traveling soon and don’t want to worry about your followers thinking you’ve fallen off the face of the earth, this post is for you! Here are my tips on how to keep your blog current while traveling.
01. Plan ahead. One of the most important aspects of ensuring that your blog is active and current while you’re traveling is planning ahead. Before you say bon voyage, plan your blog posts for the time you’re away. Write down post ideas, plan your photos, and get to work! I like to prepare my blog a week before I head out of town. This gives me enough time to write all the blog posts, take photos, and schedule social media posts.
02. Schedule. Before traveling, I schedule as many tweets, facebook posts, and Instagram photos as I can. As I mentioned in this post, I use apps like Buffer to schedule my tweets and Later to schedule my Instagram photos. With Buffer, the tweets will go live automatically on their schedule time but Later will send a notification to remind you to post. Make sure not to just schedule tweets for your posts, but quotes, photos, and other’s posts as well.
03. Let your followers know. Beginning a few weeks before your trip, let your followers know that you’ll be traveling. I made sure to tweet and mention in blog posts that I was going out of town. They’ll understand that since you’re traveling, you won’t be as prompt to reply to comments.
04. Share. Don’t forget to share photos from your trip! Your followers want to see what you’re up to, so make sure you share a few photos here and there on social media. Don’t feel like you have to share constantly, but take a minute when you’re done with activities for the day, and upload a photo to Instagram!
05. Relax. Since you’ve prepped your blog for vacation, relax! Now, you don’t have to worry about writing a post in time for your upload date or finding photos for your posts last minute!
How do you keep your blog current while traveling?