One thing I pride myself in is my trip preparation. I’m the person in the group that takes everything I may need for a week away and then some. I realized when we were about to leave for our last trip that I’ve become quite systematic when it comes to preparing for a trip away, so today, I’m going to share with you how to prepare for a 7-day trip!
01. Wash your makeup brushes. I always wash my makeup brushes before heading out of town. I take a dove soap bar and wash all my brushes so they’re nice and clean for travel.
02. Get a manicure. I’ve just added this to my list of things to do before leaving town. I paint my nails once a week and hardly ever get manicures, but if one of my nails chip, all the nail polish needs to be removed immediately, otherwise, it’ll bother me to no end! It’s not always ideal to stop by a nail salon while out of town, so now I’m going to get a gel manicure before leaving on vacation!
03. Check the weather before packing. Checking the weather before leaving town is so important – you don’t want to show up in your destination with clothes you won’t be able to wear! Check the weather before you leave and make sure you pack weather-appropriate clothes.
04. Write a list of anything extra you may need. I always make a list of anything extra I may need to bring. It’s usually little bottles to fill up with shampoo and conditioner or tissues. Quickly make a list of anything extra and head to the store right before you leave.
05. Clean your apartment. At the top of my list is always cleaning our apartment the day before we leave. I like to make sure all the dishes are put away, all surfaces are cleaned, all trash is taken out, and there are no perishable foods in the fridge. It’s so nice coming home to a clean apartment!
06. Set out your makeup. The day before we leave, I like to set out all my makeup and decide what to bring. I love taking multi-use products and palettes. It’s good to think about your trip as a whole – for our trip to Iceland, I won’t be bringing an eyeshadow palette because we’ll be hiking and spending time outside the majority of the trip. Think about the activities you’ll be doing – maybe you can cut out some unneeded items.
07. Exfoliate & moisturize. Before flying, I always make a point to take really good care of my skin. Every time I fly, it seems as though my skin breaks out and has trouble recovering, so I make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before leaving. I use my Clarisonic Mia 2 to get rid of the dead skin and Giovanni’s Replenishing Facial Moisturizer to smooth.
08. Use packing cubes. One thing we haven’t done before is use packing cubes, but I’m ordering some this weekend! I hear that they truly do help with keeping all your clothing organized and easily accessible when traveling. Here are the ones I’m buying.
09. Pack a face mask. Traveling always does a number on my skin, no matter what. Therefore, I always pack a face mask with me. Planes dry out my skin and leave it struggling, so I try to bring some hydrating sheet masks. Here are a few options: Ultra Moisturizing & Brightening, Moisturizing & Soothing, and Refresh Travelmate.
What’s on your to-do list before you travel?