Spring is right around the corner and I can’t wait! I thrive in warm weather and always look forward to embracing all things spring. I find that spring gets me excited to revamp my wardrobe as well as reorganizing my space. Today I’m sharing spring essentials you need for the upcoming warm season!
Clothes, Shoes & Accessories
01. Blush pink everything. Though I wear blush pink all year round (it’s my favorite color), I think it’s especially pretty in spring. I love the romantic, flirty vibes that pink pieces, shoes, or bags bring to an outfit. Here are a few of my favorite blush pink items:
02. Dainty jewelry. I’ve never been a huge wearer of showy accessories, I’d rather opt for barely-there jewelry. I think there’s something so beautiful about small, detailed necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. With fewer layers on during spring, I think that adding a dainty necklace makes my outfit look just a bit more put together. Here are a few on my wishlist:
03. Denim. Spring definitely calls for a good pair of denim shorts or jeans. Denim is definitely my most worn clothing piece because I much prefer jeans over anything else. In the warmer months, I like to opt for light washed denim instead of darker washes that I wear daily in the winter. I love these:
04. A day dress. I love dresses, but I find it so hard to find ones I absolutely love and can get a lot of wear out of. I love one that is super flowy and can be dressed up or down and layered. Right now, I’m loving the off-the-shoulder, denim dresses and those that have bright, fun prints on them!
05. Sneakers. I am still loving the athleisure trend and can’t get enough of it! I’m super casual through and through, so wearing sneakers is right up my alley. I think a cute pair of sneakers are perfect for the spring weather. Here are my favorite pairs:
Makeup, Skincare & Hair
01. Highlighter. Highlighter is huge right now and I definitely don’t think it’s going anywhere. I love highlighter especially during the spring because it adds a bit of glowiness to the skin after a long, cold winter. I finally found one that I love and it’s in this Tarte palette.
02. Nude lipstick. I love the look of a perfect nude lip and think it can add a whole other dimension to an outfit. However, I’m so fussy when it comes to what I put on my lips. I despise the feeling of matte lipsticks, though I love the way they look. I can hardly even wear chapstick due to the gross feeling of lip products! Though recently, Influenster sent me Bite Beauty’s Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb and I think I’ve been converted! It’s so creamy and doesn’t bother my lips at all.
03. Lightweight foundation. In the warmer months, I like to wear a more lightweight foundation because it allows the natural oils of the skin to come through a bit more and make my skin look glowy. I recently bought L’Oreal’s True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in a shade to go with my fake tan and really like it. It’s definitely a low to medium coverage foundation, but seems to last throughout the day!
04. Sea Salt Spray. Though I use sea salt spray all year round, it’s one of those hair care items that I can’t get enough of. My hair is always in my signature waves, so having a great sea salt spray is essential in spring. My favorite one I’ve tried is this one by Not Your Mother’s.
05. Texturizing Spray. Another crucial hair care item, texturizing spray is crucial to styling my hair and giving it a little more oomph in the warmer months. I’ve always wanted to try this Oribe one – I may try out the small size before purchasing the larger one!
01. Plants. I’m a huge plant lover, but with such a small space right now, we are limited to two succulents! I think plants are a great way to bring nature inside and liven up a home. Plus, with all the beautiful flowers of spring, you’ll have some great to choose from to keep in a vase on your desk!
02. Organization. Everyone’s heard of spring cleaning, so what better time than spring is there to start organizing? I love looking at Pinterest for all different kinds of organization strategies and have picked up so many good ideas there. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to organization – check it out here!
What are your spring essentials? Thanks for reading!