01. Gary and I booked our accommodations this week for our big trip we’re taking next year! For the past few weeks, I’ve been working really hard on coming up with a flexible itinerary for our trip and it has taken me quite a while. I was so happy to finally have accommodations booked and a list of what we want to see when we’re there finished this week. On Twitter, people have been voting for travel vlogs, so I’m keeping that in mind for our trip. I’m also thinking about creating videos that show “behind the scenes” of our planning and packing. I will also be writing a travel diary, packing list, recommendations, and advice along the way. Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see!
02. I finished the book that I started last week as I mention in last week’s Sunday Vibes post. I started a new book on Sunday or Monday night and I’m almost done with it as well. I’m really into thrillers and am enjoying getting back into reading for fun.
03. I’ve noticed a big change in my buying habits recently. I wrote a post about how my priorities have changed since working from home, which included a bit about this, but I’ve really been thinking about my spending habits this week. I’ve begun to save up and invest in quality pieces that can be mixed and matched with each other over buying for a specific occasion or season. It’s truly changed the way I look at my closet. I’ve never been interested in trends, but I love feeling comfortable and confident in what I’m wearing. Is this a topic you guys would like to see more of in the lifestyle section of my blog? Or would you rather see it as a bonus type of post in a newsletter (twice a month)?
04. For the past two weeks, I’ve been trying to come up with ideas for a newsletter. I really enjoy receiving newsletters from bloggers I follow but is this something you guys are interested in seeing from me? I’m thinking I could send out an email newsletter twice a month, but I’m not sure what to include. If you follow any bloggers who have great newsletters, let me know why you love them!
05. On Thursday night, Gary and I went to see the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra play the entire film score for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Hearing them play was so magical. The Harry Potter stories will always hold a special place in my heart, which may sound so lame, but I think the underlying themes throughout the stories are just so good. If you live in Indy, I highly recommend going and listening to the performance. Click here for ticket information.
It was a great, but long week in the Khodanian home. What were you up to this week?