Picking the perfect reception venue is at the top of every bride’s list, isn’t it? Today I’m going to give you five tips on how to pick a reception venue.
- Ask around. When you’re looking around for a reception venue, be sure to ask your friends or people at work if they’ve had their reception at the venue you’re interested in or if they’ve attended a reception at the venue. This way, they can tell you any positive and negatives about the experience they had there.
- Consider your style as a couple. It was really easy for Gary and I to pick out a reception venue because of our personalities. We’re both really laid back and enjoy being outdoors, so we went with an indoor/outdoor location. Consider your personalities and each of your styles when choosing a reception venue.
- Look up wedding photos from venues you’re interested in. Before we booked our reception venue, we did a search on Google of wedding and reception pictures that had been taken there. This way, we knew how the venue could be captured in photos.
- Consider the month you’ll be getting married. This is obviously common sense – don’t pick an outdoor wedding for December!
- Think about your guest list. Before you say “yes” to the venue, think about how many people you’ll be inviting. You want a venue that will be comfortable for everyone, but you also want to feel close to your guests.
How did you pick your reception venue? What tips would you add?